Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Music: Volume One by She & Him

Ever since we heard Zooey Deschanel singing in Elf, we've loved her voice and have been interested in hearing more singing from her coming our way. So when we heard about She & Him, were were hooked before we heard a note. Zooey has one of the most original voices we've heard in a long time; it's soulful and classic-sounding, like a modern Ella Fitzgerald or Billie Holiday (though maybe not quite that classic). On top of her awesome singing is a fun lyrical band that makes the whole ensemble a pleasure to listen to!


"Why don't you sit right down and stay awhile?
We like the same things, and I like your style.
Its not a secret; why do you keep it?
I'm just sitting on the shelf."
--Why Do You Let Me Stay Here

"Speak slowly, I can't hear you.
My mind keeps spinning closer and closer to the rain on the roof,
And the rain in my head, and the things that you said,
People take it further ahead.
And it just gets so foggy,
It's nowhere in here.
And its everywhere else that I don't wanna be,
But I'm stuck here getting misty over you.
I'm alone on a bicycle for two."
--Black Hole


Quick vote:
Well, this music is awesome. It gets our tail/stub a waggin' and makes us want our bellies rubbed. RUB THEM. RUB OUR BELLIES!!!

Aunt Kenya's Philosophy: She and Him? You mean, "Us, the two of us with awful grammar?" No, thank you.

No comments: