Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Music: Narrow Stairs by Death Cab For Cutie

This album has been out for a while, but we procrastinated picking it up for no apparent reason. Last week, we broke down and used our mother's credit card to purchase it on the iTunes music store, and we have no regrets! Death Cab For Cutie is one of our all-time favorite bands, and we're always worried that the newest album will fail to live up to the hype. And though Narrow Stairs does not compare to Transatlanticism or The Photo Album, it's an excellent collection of music.


"How I wish you could see the potential,
The potential of you and me.
It's like a book elegantly bound,
But in a language you can't read just yet.

You gotta spend some time love.
You gotta spend some time with me,
And I know that you'll find love.
I will possess your heart."
--I Will Possess Your Heart

"And they carried on like long division,
Cause it was clear with every page,
Oh, that they were further away
From a solution that would play,
Without a remain, remain, remain, remainder."
--Long Division


Quick vote: This is a good cd, we always love Death Cab, and the cover looks like a quilt our grandmas would make.

No comments: