Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Music: Flavors of Entanglement by Alanis Morissette

When we were much younger doggies (two years ago or so), we used to listen to Alanis Morissette's classic album, Jagged Little Pill. Who could forget the lyrics to Ironic, isn't it always like raiiiaain on your wedding day; a free ride when you've already paid? So, when we heard the Alanis was coming out with a new album, Flavors of Entanglement, we were excited for the music we had long ago loved. In this album, she is all she was ten years ago, but her music is harder, and definitely rocks.


"I am a citizen of the planet.
Democracy's kids are sovereign.
Where the teachers are the sages,
And pedestals fill with every parent."
--Citizen of the Planet

"Day one, day one, start over again.
Step one, step one;
With not much making sense just yet.
I'm faking it till I'm pseudo making it.
From scratch begin again but this time I as I,
And not as we."
--Not as We


Quick vote:
This music is harder then we usually like, but for the sake of our past enjoyment of Alanis, we will give it a B-.

Aunt Annie's 50 cents: I got my ear hairs trimmed today, so I can finally hear music again!!! Excuse me for a moment, I just need to run into this wall.

1 comment:

Jinx said...

I haven't picked up this album yet, but I've heard it's awesome.

I love "Aunt Annie's 50 cents" but I always have to remind myself that it's your Aunt Annie and not your Great-Aunt Annie...although her comments on this post could have been by the other one and still made sense. (lol, j/k. Don't tell her I said that! It was a joke! Yeesh!)