Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Music: Strange and Beautiful by Aqualung

We've been listening to Aqualung lately, and we've really been enjoying it. They're a more low-key band reminiscent of Coldplay or Radiohead.

"I never understood before.
I never knew what love was for.
My heart was broke, my head was sore.
What a feeling.

Tied up in ancient history,
I didn't believe in destiny.
I look up, you're standing next to me.
What a feeling."
--Brighter than Sunshine

"I've been watching your world from afar,
I've been trying to be where you are,
And I've been secretly falling apart, unseen.
To me, you're strange and you're beautiful.
You'd be so perfect with me but you just can't see.
You turn every head but you don't see me.

I'll put a spell on you,
You'll fall asleep and I'll put a spell on you.
And when I wake you,
I'll be the first thing you see,
And you'll realize that you love me."
--Strange and Beautiful (I'll Put a Spell on You)


Quick vote: We really like this band, and we recommend that y'all check them out!!!

Aunt Annie's 2 cents: These songs are kind of boring, because I can't really breakdance to them. I got mad breakdancing skills. Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Excuse me...why does Aunt Annie always get to be the guest. Why not Izzy or even better, Kenya!?

Cassandra Anne said...

Grandma Lisa!!!

Aunt Annie was staying with us during the time period she was adding her two cents. We'll have to try out other of our friends as guests.

Thanks for the advice!!!