Friday, January 22, 2010

Book - The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

In Garth Stein's novel, The Art of Racing in the Rain, the narrator is the family's faithful dog. Enzo, a lab/terrier mix, is as loyal a companion as a man or child could hope for, and his unconditional love for his family is evident.

Though it may violate the contract we had previously signed, we're going to let you in a little secret. We consulted with Garth Stein in this book, most of his best ideas are from us! Think about it; halfway through the book, Danny, the alpha male of the household figures out that leaving the television on for his dog during the day makes him happy. We have our tv on all the time, giving us ample time to watch our soaps! Enzo loves to rip apart stuffed animals, be with his master, interrupt personal times, and ride in fast cars. Sound like anyone you know? Yes, the Bitches!

This is a must read, and not just because Enzo is dog after our own heart. Stein writes a beautiful story of love, loss, healing, and the intangible bond between man and his dog. We suppose that non-dog-lovers would like it as well, but we don't really associate with people like that, so that's just a guess.


[maggiE aNd sammi iZ dOod uns = ENZO ] <--Evidence

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After reviewing your various blogs I have come to the conclusion that your views of this world we live in are remarkably similar. I too side with your glorious Pelosi comparison. I too feel that Avatar lacked potential in any real plot development, yet gave the overall rating 3 1/3 paws. Finally, I also attend the climate summit. However, my attempt to shake the big chinaman's hand was dashed by the guards drooling/chasing me, as if I'm some piece of meat. As such I fear any future travels to Chinaland.

I look forward to your future posts!

Laughing Star

ps. if you ever decide to run for president, which isn't ill conceived given our current one, let me know! I would make a great campaign mananger...

Unknown said...

second ps...

Next time I will think of proofing my statements before letting the outside world see my errors. At the same time...I'm still learning this barbaric human language...a little room for error is allowed...

Laughing Star