Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Music: Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson

We loved the previous Ingrid Michaelson album, Girls & Boys, so we were pleased when our Aunt Didi sent us a copy of Be Ok. We love this album just as much as the previous one, and perhaps even more. The songs are melodic, lyrical, and catching. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds are going to the 'Stand Up 2 Cancer' campaign, which we think is pretty awesome. Also it includes remakes of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and the Elvis classic, "Can't Help Falling in Love."


"Oh what a night is tonight.
I think I'm ready to fight.
Now that my broken bones all have been healed,
I think I'm starting to feel...

Something good,
Something good.
Now that you're gone, I can roll on to something good."
--Oh, What a Day

"Well you might be a bit confused,
And you might be a little bit bruised,
But baby how we spoon like no one else.
So, I will help you read those books
If you will soothe my worried looks,
And we will put the lonesome on the shelf.

Lets get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France.
Lets get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance.
Lets get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants,
From way up there, you and I, you and I."
--You & I


Quick vote: We're huge fans of this album, it's one of our new favorites. There's not a song on it that we don't like.

No comments: