Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Music: In Our Bedroom After the War

We have been listening as of late to the newer album by Stars, In Our Bedroom After the War. The Stars are known for their bizarre electronic pop, and when we're in the mood for it, we really enjoy their music.


"The scary part, the aftershock, the moment it takes to fall apart
The time we have, the task at hand, the love it takes to destroy a man
The ecstasy, the being free, the big black cloud over you and me
And after that, the upwards fall, and were we angels after all?
I don't know, I don't know...

The night starts here, the night starts here, forget your name, forget your fear
The night starts here, the night starts here, forget your name, forget your fear
You drop a coin into the sea, and shout out "Please come back to me"
You name your child after your fear, and tell them "I have brought you here""
--The Night Starts Here

"When the worries of the world hold your feet
And there's little left to believe in

Today is going to be a better one
There's nothing more to take in
That's going wrong"
--Today Will Be Better, I Swear!


Quick vote: This music is funky, but we like it.

No comments: