Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Music: The Twilight Soundtrack

After enjoying the Twilight Movie, we decided to pick up the soundtrack.  We were impressed by the list of artists that we enjoy, such as Iron & Wine and Collective Soul.  We liked the soundtrack, but we didn't love it.  The music is a bit hard for us, but it's pretty fun.

"Thought I was a fool for no one.
Oh baby, I'm a fool for you.
You're the queen of the superficial,
And how long before you tell the truth.

You set my soul alight.
Glaciers melting in the dead of night,
And the superstars sucked into the supermassive."
-- Supermassive Black Hole by Muse


"I was a quick wet boy, diving too deep for coins,
All of your street light eyes wide on my plastic toys.
Then when the cops closed the fair, I cut my long baby hair;
Stole me a dog-eared map and called for you everywhere."
-- Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron & Wine


Quick vote:  This is a pretty fun cd, but it's not incredible.

No comments: